[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: communicating between two seam applications

norman.richards@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 5 15:36:44 EDT 2007

There really isn't a standard way to share classloaders between applications.  For remote beans, you need the interfaces from app2 in app1 and the interfaces from app1 in app2.  I don't know what other app servers offer to provide the equivalent of a shared-named repository.

If you are sharing classloaders, there's really no reason not to use one big ear instead.  If you hot deploy app1 you nearly always need to hot deploy app2 also to avoid classloader issues.  Why not bundle in one big ear and force yourself to do the right thing on redeploy?  The alternative, in jboss, is to extract common classes to a third app.  app1 and app2 can be safely separately redeployed.  If the common classes change then both app1 and app2 should be redeployed.

No, we don't really have a link to JMX MBeans.  You probably don't want direct app to mbean communication for the most part.  Generally you want your MBeans to manage services that are exposed through JNDI or some other communications mechanism.   In either case @Factory and @Unwrap are probably your best bets for exposing these services to Seam.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4081474#4081474

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4081474