[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: begginer question - request parameters

Delphi's Ghost do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 5 22:34:42 EDT 2007

I'm no expert on Seam-Gen generated edit pages, but I think it goes like this :

The edit pages edits a Widget called "widget", it doesn't matter if it is a new one, or an existing one.

You create a factory method for "widget" which in the same bean, injects the parameter widgetId. The factory method says "If I have an ID, load the widget, otherwise create a new one". Either way, it outjects a Widget called "widget", new or loaded.

So, you load the edit page, which requests a bean called "widget" so seam calls the factory method on the bean, injecting the parameters beforehand. Your factory method checks the parameter, loads or creates a new widget, and returns it to Seam, which passes it to the page for editing.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4081536#4081536

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4081536