[jboss-user] [Microcontainer] - NPE in Embedded Jboss when getCallerPrincipal method on Sess

bjolletz do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 6 04:41:00 EDT 2007

I'm running tests using testNG and embedded Jboss. In the SLB which I am testing, I want to do the following:

  | @Resource
  | SessionContext ctx;
  |
  | public void foo() {
  |   ctx.isCallerInRole("someRole");
  | }

The isCallerInRole method, however, results in a NPE.

There seems to be a post about this in JIRA:
http://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/EJBTHREE-615

However, Carlo de Wolf says in the last post in this thread that "EJB 3 embedded is no longer supported.". What does this mean, isn't this bug going to be fixed?

Is there any other way to get hold of the caller's roles? If not, I don't know what to do since I really need to check the caller's role in my SLBs.

This must be a major problem, so I guess I'm not alone on this one?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

/Daniel[/url]

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4081588#4081588

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4081588