[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Re: EJB3 Support

rob.stryker@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 6 13:01:05 EDT 2007

The EJB3-project was nothing more than a regular old java project that added certain jars to a classpath. It provided no other functionality at all other than adding jars to a classpath.

It served two purposes during its lifespan. Originally back in the old JBoss IDE, it was the only ejb3 tools implementation around. After we starated moving forward from there, it served as a stop-gap mechanism until webtools implemented an ejb3 facet in their EJB Project.

The only other purpose it served was to try to be a "module" without being a module. The goal behind it was to allow both an ejb3 module and a web module to live in the same project for what would become our seam project. That's no longer an issue, as the seam project has now been implemented in another way.

So to summarize, it's purposes were to wait for WTP to get ejb3 out, and to potentially create a seam project.  As WTP now has ejb 3.0 facets available and a Seam project has been created in another way, the EJB3 project needed to go.

Your options are basically to use the WTP EJB project with a 3.0 facet, or use a plain java project but add the ejb3 libraries to your project's build path yourself.   (right click on project, select build path, go to the Libraries tab, select Add Library, and there should be a jboss ejb3 library there. )

I realize this is slightly inconvenient, but the idea of keeping around a project who's entire reason for existing had disappeared was not a good one to entertain.

- Rob

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4081766#4081766

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4081766