[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Encoding / GET vs. POST

JUnkie do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 6 13:10:53 EDT 2007

I can successfully POST any Unicode character (especially non ISO-8859-1 chars) with my JSF-forms without having to deal with encodings.

But I have one Seam component that takes parameters via @RequestParameter and GET.

In this case I have to manually convert the input String like this:

in = new String(in.getBytes("8859_1"), "UTF-8");

If the input parameter was POSTed I don't need to do that.

Why does Tomcat/JBoss/Seam convert the Unicode to ISO-8859-1 if the input was sent via GET?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4081773#4081773

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4081773