[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Edit Mode problem

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 6 15:42:25 EDT 2007

How strange. If the portal put the edit icon in the title bar of your portlet, then it must know that the portlet has an edit mode. But it appears that either the portal is not calling doEdit, or there is an exception somewhere that prevents the edit mode from running.  Oh, another possibility is that your doEdit method is improperly declared. It should be:

  @Override
  |   protected void doEdit(RenderRequest request, RenderResponse response)
  |       throws PortletException, IOException {

If you would post the code for your portlet and your portlet.xml file, I could try it out and see if I can figure out what is wrong.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4081834#4081834

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4081834