[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Thread BLOCKED on registerConnection/unregisterConnection?

ALRubinger do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 6 16:58:12 EDT 2007

Hiya.

Today we've done a stress test on our application and observed some new behavior - many of the functions that we're delegating to Quartz Scheduler (each with its own Thread) started to take quite a while to complete, and queued up.

Did a Thread Dump, revealing many of these Threads to be in BLOCKED state, referencing a WeakHashMap while either attempting to register or unregister a connection from the pool.

Any ideas what could cause this?  Incorrectly configured pool size?  Not enough DB Connections available?

  | org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.CachedConnectionManager.registerConnection(CachedConnectionManager.java:288)
  | org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.BaseConnectionManager2.allocateConnection(BaseConnectionManager2.java:417)
  | org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.BaseConnectionManager2$ConnectionManagerProxy.allocateConnection(BaseConnectionManager2.java:842)
  | org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.WrapperDataSource.getConnection(WrapperDataSource.java:88)
  | org.hibernate.connection.DatasourceConnectionProvider.getConnection(DatasourceConnectionProvider.java:69)
  | org.hibernate.jdbc.ConnectionManager.openConnection(ConnectionManager.java:417)
  | org.hibernate.jdbc.ConnectionManager.getConnection(ConnectionManager.java:144)

S,
ALR

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4081860#4081860

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4081860