[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Working with JBOSS rools 4.0.1

JonGa do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 7 10:50:53 EDT 2007

Hi,

I new to JBOSS rools so i've made a small application that checks the name of a person. When i use the rule below, everything works as it should.

rule "name routering"
  | 	when
  | 		$form : PersonForm (firstName=="test");
  | 	then
  |         $form.setFirstName(PersonForm.SHORT_NAME);
  | 		update($form);
  | end

Only when i use this rule nothing seams to work. Can somebody tell me what's wrong? Isn't this the way to use regular expressions?

rule "name check"
  |  	when
  |  		$form : PersonForm(firstName matches "[a-z]*");
  |     then
  |     	$form.setChecked(false);
  |     	update($form);
  | end