[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - jsp error : No Java compiler available

cgo do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 7 18:49:59 EDT 2007

Hi,

I am trying to deploy an application in jboss 4.2.1, I have the error below when I try to access a JSP file. The application runs fine when I use Tomcat 6.0.14 as a standalone server but not in jboss. I have set JAVA_HOME to a JDK 1.5 folder but my understanding is that it should work even with a JRE as there is an included compiler. Anyone had this issue before ?

thanks,

Cyril

java.lang.IllegalStateException: No Java compiler available
	org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.createCompiler(JspCompilationContext.java:229)
	org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:561)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:311)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:320)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:266)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4082300#4082300

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4082300