[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Configuring external SSO solution (LDAP)

NM-156 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 10 15:50:48 EDT 2007

I would like to plug in a custom, java based SSO solution to the JBoss Portal that authenticates against LDAP and retrieves roles from a database after authentication is successful (these classes are already developed, and I want to reuse them).

I am looking for a hook into the portal that will allow me to plug in my custom classes to authenticate a user and retrieve roles. Is there a configuration file that will allow me to plug in a custom implementation (wrapper class/interface api) for user authentication and role processing?

>From what I have been able to see, the identity configuration files underneath the jboss-portal.sar/conf/identity directory have something to do with this approach, but I do not understand how to configure the custom classes.

Can somebody explain how to do this?

Thank you.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4082759#4082759