[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - credit card transactions with Seam

matt.drees do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 10 22:16:38 EDT 2007

I need to implement credit card transactions using authorize.net.  I wanted to ask if anyone had feedback on the approach I'm planning to use, because I'm a relatively young developer and this is a pretty important thing to get right, and there are many smart and experienced people here.

I would have an action method (in a conversation-scoped bean) that looks something like this:

  | public void processPayment() {
  |    //execute an AUTH_ONLY request, which checks funds availability etc, but doesn't transfer funds, and returns an authcode
  |    if (successful) {
  |       //create payment record (with authcode) and persist to DB.  Store transaction id locally for capture step.
  |       raiseTransactionSuccessEvent("creditCardSuccess");
  |    } else {
  |       //prompt user for corrected info or show error screen as appropriate
  |    }
  | }
  |
  | @Observer("creditCardSuccess")
  | public void capturePayment() {
  |    //execute a PRIOR_AUTH_CAPTURE request, which does the transfer, using the stored transaction id
  |    if (successful) {
  |       //don't do much except log a success
  |    } else {
  |       //email the admin notifying him/her of failure.  Admin would probably need to manually trigger a capture.
  |    }
  | }

The idea is I don't want to charge the user unless I know I have a record of their payment, so I wait until the transaction completes successfully.
I've not done too much with transaction-aware code, but I think I'm using it correctly.  Does this seem reasonable?  Thanks for your time.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4082816#4082816

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4082816