[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: bpws.getVariableData as predicate is not supported?

meghanai_99 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 11 14:37:30 EDT 2007

Hello Alex,

I modified query.functions.xml to resemble expressions.functions.xml.

  | <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  | <functionContext class="org.jaxen.XPathFunctionContext"
  |   xmlns:bpel11="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2003/03/business-process/"
  |   xmlns:bpel2="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/03/business-process/">
  |   <function name="bpel11:getVariableData" class="org.jbpm.bpel.sublang.xpath.GetVariableDataFunction" />
  |   <function name="bpel11:getVariableProperty" class="org.jbpm.bpel.sublang.xpath.GetVariablePropertyFunction" />
  |   <function name="bpel2:getVariableProperty" class="org.jbpm.bpel.sublang.xpath.GetVariablePropertyFunction" />
  | </functionContext>

But my 'getVariableData' still does not get resolved :( I thought jaxen would take care of it once the functions are registered but the problem is when it gets to 'GetVariableDataFunction', it loses the context. In that class, I see this code -

  | // find variable definition
  |     String variableName = StringFunction.evaluate(variableArg, nav);
  |     ScopeVariableContext variableContext = (ScopeVariableContext) context.getContextSupport()
  |         .getVariableContext();
  |     VariableDefinition variable = variableContext.getVariableDefinition(variableName);

But in my case, the context is SimpleVariableContext and it is empty. How do I pass on the correct context? Does that mean XPathQueryEvaluator's overridden 'getContext' method does not provide back correct context to Jaxen?

I would really appreciate if you can assist me here a little. This is a showstopper for us.

I am interested in fixing this asap and providing it back to JBPM community. I don't know the process but I think this is a basic functionality inside while loop so other users can benefit from it as well.

Thanks,
Meghana

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4083149#4083149

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4083149