[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: JBOSS Deployment Error

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 11 16:08:47 EDT 2007

For those of you following along at home, guess who just ran into this same error?  That's right, your's truly. I added a new login realm to login-config.xml and then got:

12:50:58,107 WARN  [XMLLoginConfigImpl] End loadConfig, failed to load config: f
  | ile:/F:/opt/jboss/jboss-5.0.0.Beta3/server/messaging/conf/login-config.xml
  | org.jboss.security.auth.login.ParseException: Encountered "<?xml" at line 1, col
  | umn 1.
  | Was expecting one of:
  |     <EOF>
  |     <IDENTIFIER> ...
  |         at org.jboss.security.auth.login.SunConfigParser.generateParseException(
  | SunConfigParser.java:395)
  |        etc, etc, etc

So what horrendous thing did I do to deserve such a fate? Simple - I forgot a quote mark. Here is part of the realm I added:

<application-policy name=video-realm">

That was on line 190.  The error message, though, calls out line 1. It amazes me that after some 50+ years of history and research into compilers and compiler technology that the XML parser cannot even come close to identifying where the human screwed up.

Oh well, I will add another entry to my list of things to look for when this error comes up. You have been warned.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4083165#4083165

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4083165