[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: When would SEAM 2.0.0 GA and SEAM 2.0.1 GA be released a

bsmithjj do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 11 16:20:59 EDT 2007

"christian.bauer at jboss.com" wrote : anonymous wrote :  It's not necessarily straight forward to just force several teams of developers to upgrade their version of Seam, and also their version of JBoss AS in order to obtain bug fixes.

  | Well, here you actually have a much easier option: Seam 1.2.1 is part of the JBoss Enterprise Application Platform, for which you can buy support/bugfixing services for a few years from Red Hat. Or, because it is open source, you can fix it yourself or pay someone else to fix whatever you don't like.

This comment suggests you think I want something for free...

We like the Seam framework a lot but we don't want to be in the business of maintaining frameworks.  We are, however, paying customers of JBoss (now Red Hat) - we even sent a good number of people to JBoss world for 2 years in a row (no JBoss world this past summer :-( ) - so from my perspective, we're doing our part to be payed customers - we're not looking for a free ride.  I think I would be less willing to put my vote in for Seam-specific support after watching the 1.3.0 Alpha disappear - just too much volatility in how it evolves.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4083167#4083167

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4083167