[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Clustered Socket Server

p.dario do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 12 09:18:58 EDT 2007

Hi,

I have a socket server that starts on two clustered Jboss servers.
A load balancer dispatches clients to either server.
These sockets stay open and available to be used to send "commands".

A web application is used to send "commands" to one of the clients: I need a way to find the cluster instance that has the correct client socket.
Is it possible to use some cluster feature?

I thought of leaving just one node to accept clients and leave the other in fail-over mode, but I don't know how to setup this: how can I bound a service (EJB?) to an instance and leave Jboss manage the failover mechanism?

Thanks!
Dario

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4083435#4083435

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4083435