[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - IllegalStateException: could not acquire lock

jasondlee do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 12 12:26:53 EDT 2007

In another thread, which I'll update shortly, I've had trouble getting Seam (with the JSF 1.2 RI) running under oc4j 10.1.3.  While I now have it reliably deploying and (mostly) running, I'm running into an odd problem.  I have a page that displays a RichFaces tree from which the user selects an Item.  Once the user clicks an Item, an Ajax request is made (via a4j) to update a section of the page with the Item information, allowing the user to edit it.  This all works under GlassFish.  Under oc4j, however, when I click on an Item, I get this error on the server:

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: could not acquire lock on @Synchronized component: iota
  | 	at org.jboss.seam.core.SynchronizationInterceptor.aroundInvoke(SynchronizationInterceptor.java:41)
  | 	at org.jboss.seam.intercept.SeamInvocationContext.proceed(SeamInvocationContext.java:68)
  | 	at org.jboss.seam.intercept.RootInterceptor.invoke(RootInterceptor.java:106)
  | 	at org.jboss.seam.intercept.JavaBeanInterceptor.interceptInvocation(JavaBeanInterceptor.java:155)
  | 	at org.jboss.seam.intercept.JavaBeanInterceptor.invoke(JavaBeanInterceptor.java:91)
  | 	at gov.faa.ato.iota.web.IotaManagedBean_$$_javassist_0.getOrganization(IotaManagedBean_$$_javassist_0.java)
  | 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
  | 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
  | 	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
  | 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
  | 	at javax.el.BeanELResolver.getValue(BeanELResolver.java:292)
  | 	at javax.el.CompositeELResolver.getValue(CompositeELResolver.java:143)
  | 	at com.sun.faces.el.FacesCompositeELResolver.getValue(FacesCompositeELResolver.java:73)
  | 	at org.jboss.el.parser.AstPropertySuffix.getValue(AstPropertySuffix.java:53)
  | 	at org.jboss.el.parser.AstValue.getValue(AstValue.java:67)
  | 	at org.jboss.el.ValueExpressionImpl.getValue(ValueExpressionImpl.java:186)
  | 	at com.sun.facelets.el.TagValueExpression.getValue(TagValueExpression.java:71)
  | 	... 36 more

For the record, the Seam code that causes that exception is

if ( lock.tryLock( getComponent().getTimeout(), TimeUnit.MILLISECONDS ) )

Any thoughts on what's going on?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4083560#4083560

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4083560