[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Cleaner RESTful urls? Any suggestions?

stephen.friedrich do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 13 03:48:10 EDT 2007

Christian, it was news to me, too, so I tried to find some references.
Don't know how much of it is myth, but a quick google search with "search engine optimization urls parameters" gave lots of results:

http://www.webpronews.com/topnews/2004/01/14/url-structure-and-search-engine-optimization
anonymous wrote : Matt Cutts, a software engineer at Google, stated at a recent Search Engine Strategies conference. " The more there are [parameters], the more hesitant Google will be to crawl those pages.

http://www.seo-watch.com/
anonymous wrote : Many search engines like Google for example don't like dynamically created pages because the crawlers might get in an infinite loop on your server if they follow dynamically created web pages with a query string in it. The spider can be trapped in the web server - and therefore the spiders and bots are very careful not to enter the web site too deep.

  | Dynamic generated URL's with a large number of parameters "?&id=" can therefore cause problems for search engine bots. This is why we normally recommend to use a seo rewriting program to change dynamic URL's into Google-friendly URL's. This is always a good step to start with, when you hire a SEO company.

http://www.adiazar.com/

anonymous wrote : Search engines feel scary from query parameters since it is easy to get their crawlers stuck crawling few pages with just changing query parameter value dynamically. Google says that a URL that has more than three query parameters may not be indexed.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4083809#4083809

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4083809