[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam JSF controls do not work in external Facelet templa

nagypalg do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 13 07:27:19 EDT 2007

So, I upgraded to Seam 2 (latest nightly build), and the s:decorate problem is indeed gone. However, I still have problems with s:link.

If I include the following in a page, it works without any problems:

  | <s:link action="#{homeAction.test}" value="Test with s:link"></s:link>
  |    <h:form><h:commandLink action="#{homeAction.test}" value="Test with h:commandLink"></h:commandLink></h:form>

If I create a Facelet composite and include it in the page, the s:link does not work. I get the message:

anonymous wrote : 13:19:14,390 ERROR [SeamPhaseListener] uncaught exception
  | javax.el.PropertyNotFoundException: Target Unreachable, identifier 'backingBean' resolved to null

For reference, the test Facelet composite is the following:

  | <ui:composition>
  |  <h:panelGrid columns="1">
  |   <s:link action="#{backingBean.test}" value="Test with s:link"></s:link>
  |   <h:form>
  |    <h:commandLink action="#{backingBean.test}"
  |     value="Test with h:commandLink"></h:commandLink>
  |   </h:form>
  |  </h:panelGrid>
  | </ui:composition>

Again: is it a well-known bug?