[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Re: problem creating a new tomcat authentication method

antoniofer do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 13 07:38:54 EDT 2007

Ok, I have made some findings about this which may cast some light:

I think Tomcat can't load correctly the web.xml configuration file when I use my custom authenticator method. I use this lines in web.xml to specify which authenticator module should be used:

        <login-config>
 		<auth-method>CUSTOM</auth-method>
		<realm-name>Custom Realm</realm-name>
		<form-login-config>
			<form-login-page>/login.jsp</form-login-page>
			<form-error-page>/error.jsp</form-error-page>
		</form-login-config>
	</login-config>

I suspect Tomcat does not know that it must take into account "form-login-config" fields. My custom authenticator is just FormAuthenticator modified, so Tomcat should be configured in the same way. What do you think about this? How can I tell Tomcat to read the form-login-config fields?

Thanks,

Antonio

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4083884#4083884

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4083884