[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: setup jboss as server on LAN

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 13 11:29:08 EDT 2007

As long as you can ping the remote host, you can use that name in the url. (Note that JBoss AS 4.2.1 binds to localhost, not to 0.0.0.0 as 4.0.5 does. If you move to 4.2.1, read the readme.html, Configuration Issues.)

You will need to open the ports in the firewall. I opened ports 8080, 1099, 1098, 4444 and 4445 (that was on Linux, on XP I told either ZoneAlarm or Symantec to allow the java app to run as a server, I never use the Windows firewall).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4084012#4084012

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4084012