[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: required variables

dleerob do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 13 13:08:06 EDT 2007

Thanks for the help. I think you were referring to "IsReplacement" when you mentioned "IsAssignment".

I have changed the variable delaration in the process definition to:
<variable name='IsReplacement' access='write,required'></variable>

However, the task instance still has an "IsReplacement" variable with a null value. So it seems the all variables are copied across no matter what? Any clarification on this?

I did try deleting the "IsReplacement" variable, just before ending the task instance, as shown below:

  | startTaskInstance.deleteVariable("IsReplacement");
  | startTaskInstance.end();

Now that the variable does not exist at all, the exception is thrown. This indicates that the jbpm validation only checks if the variable exists, but not if it is null. So now the problem is that variables are copied across with null values, and therefore the validation allows them through. I would think that the validation should check if a variable is null, and not allow it through if it is.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4084085#4084085

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4084085