[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Re: Problem calling EJB3 method via HTTP only

ron.sigal@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 14 23:14:20 EDT 2007

1. The JBoss naming service, which implements JNDI, doesn't use Remoting, so the exception

  | Exception in thread "main" javax.naming.CommunicationException: Operation failed [Root exception is java.rmi.ServerException:
  | IOE; nested exception is:
  | 	java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect]
  | 	at org.jboss.naming.interceptors.ExceptionInterceptor.invoke(ExceptionInterceptor.java:65)

is not related to Remoting.  For help with the naming service, I would suggest the "JNDI/Naming/Network" forum.

2.

anonymous wrote :
  | So actually, do i need ejb over http/s???

I'm not sure how to answer that.  A typical reason for using http for EJB invocations would be to avoid firewall problems.  Otherwise, you could use the standard EJB3 setup and the client would communicate directly with the EJB implementation, without going through a web server.

3. For more information about Tomcat, I'd suggest http://tomcat.apache.org/findhelp.html.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4084702#4084702

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4084702