[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: Problem with deployment of ejb3 SLSB (5.0.0 beta2)

ALRubinger do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 17 10:11:48 EDT 2007

Your bean's implementation class does not explicitly designate any business interfaces; the container will not automatically scan for @Local and @Remote in the subclasses of the parent you've specified.  I'd look there first (as it seems this is what you've intended).

Try:

@Stateless
  | public class MaterializePreSelectionUseCase implements
  | IMaterializePreSelectionUseCaseLocal, IMaterializePreSelectionUseCaseRemote

The confusing point here, and perhaps unrelated to your problem, is that the container should assume that your "IMaterializePreSelectionUseCase" is the Local interface itself.  EJB3 Spec 4.6.6, Bullet Point 4.1:

anonymous wrote : If bean class implements a single interface, that interface is assumed to be the busi-
  | ness interface of the bean. This business interface will be a local interface unless the
  | interface is designated as a remote business interface by use of the Remote annota-
  | tion on the bean class or interface or by means of the deployment descriptor.

Mind posting back here with the outcome of the proposed fix?  I'd like to look into the second issue if that does the trick.  JBoss AS / EJB3 Version?

S,
ALR

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4085062#4085062

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4085062