[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - 4.2.1.GA vs 4.0.5.GA JNDI names

sbivol do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 17 16:47:14 EDT 2007

I have a @Stateless bean deployed in an ejb.jar within a ear, and it has to support ejb 2.1 clients, so it has a @RemoteHome annotation:
@Stateless(name = "MyService")
@Remote(MyServiceRemote.class)
@RemoteHome(MyServiceRemoteHome.class)
@Local(MyServiceLocal.class)
public class MyServiceBean implements MyService, MyServiceLocal {
?
}

On jboss 4.0.5.GA, after deploying the app, the jndi view would show the following under ?Global JNDI Namespace? :
+- myear (class: org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext)
|   +- MyService (class: org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext)
|   |   +- remoteHome (proxy: $Proxy184 implements interface com...MyServiceRemoteHome)
|   |   +- local (proxy: $Proxy185 implements interface com...MyServiceLocal,interface org.jboss.ejb3.JBossProxy,interface javax.ejb.EJBLocalObject)
|   |   +- remote (proxy: $Proxy183 implements interface com...MyServiceRemote,interface org.jboss.ejb3.JBossProxy,interface javax.ejb.EJBObject)

On jboss 4.2.1.GA, the remoteHome entry does not show up under myear/MyService. A new 'MyService' entry appears at same level as 'myear' as follows:

+- MyService (class: org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext)
|   +- home (proxy: $Proxy181 implements interface com...MyServiceRemoteHome)
+- myear (class: org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext)
|   +- MyService (class: org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext)
|   |   +- local (proxy: $Proxy185 implements interface com...MyServiceLocal,interface org.jboss.ejb3.JBossProxy,interface javax.ejb.EJBLocalObject)
|   |   +- remote (proxy: $Proxy183 implements interface com...MyServiceRemote,interface org.jboss.ejb3.JBossProxy,interface javax.ejb.EJBObject)

Is this known behavior? Can I specify the JNDI name for remoteHome in a deployment descriptor to make it consistent with the others?

Thank you

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4085252#4085252

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4085252