[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Gavin King: Bad tools of Seam is kill its uses!!!

tony.herstell@gmail.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 18 02:33:17 EDT 2007

This may not be what you require but I dont use Ant or Seam tools at all.

I use
MyEclipse

Create an EJB3 project and Map the correct files to thew correct "sub" projects (Ear, Jar and War).

I simply tell MyEclipse where the JBoss Server is and hit 1 button to run the server (the project is automgically deployed for me by MyEclipse using something called exploded deployment).

The server output (console) is in a MyEclipse window and I can just add in breakpoints and step through the running code within MyEclipse.

I could not be simpler.

However; Ant is IDE Neutral so you are going to stuck with Ant from the Seam team as Ant makes sense (I even use it to build the demos to find which files to move where)!

It Really COULD NOT be easier... I very rarely re-start the server either as  any code cahnges are to the "running code"... so you just make a change to the code and carry on.. VERY useful with your JSF pages!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4085337#4085337

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4085337