[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Re: Everything You Wanted to Know about Seam, but were afrai

djfjboss do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 18 09:29:02 EDT 2007

It's not that I don't like to combine things myself but rather that I was hoping it would not be such a maze and guessing game.  A clear, accurate and up to date guide to getting a basic configuration up and running would greatly assist those of us taking a look at these, almost certainly, key pieces of technology.  http://labs.jboss.com/jbossseam/gettingstarted is a very good start but the Eclipse plug-in side of things is a little vague.  After all, the name of the game, from my application development perspective at least, is software development and these tools should help us get to that point quicker rather than being a significant obstacle in themselves.  It's not that I can't be bothered to RTFM - I don't know where the FM is!

Eclipse is the Java IDE of choice within my company and that is a constraint I was hoping JBoss/Seam would be able to accommodate.  Given the prevalence of Eclipse in the marketplace, I don't think it's an unreasonable expectation and the existence of the JBoss Eclipse plug-in would seem to confirm this.  If it is unreasonable, a clear statement from JBoss on what actually does work would be helpful.

Given that you represent JBoss I would have hoped for some more specific answers to my questions, this would be of great help not only to myself but to anyone else evaluating these technologies; that would still be appreciated.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4085492#4085492

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4085492