[jboss-user] [JBoss Getting Started Documentation] - Re: documentation on switching a java 1.4 server to 1.5

ClassicComposer do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 18 09:30:41 EDT 2007

do you think glassfish might have better forums?

To me it feels like a simple problem.  the documentation i have read says jboss 4.0.3 can work with java 1.5.  i have an application that installed itself and jboss.  its set up to use java 1.4 and i need it to use java 1.5.  how do i configure my current application server to switch compilers it uses.

i have checked and i do not have the option to upgade to 4.0.5
is there documentation on how to switch an existing application server from 1.4 to 1.5.  I have tried setting the compiler option to a 1.5 compiler i tried adding those lines to that web.xml file stated above and it does nothing.  it doesn't even break the thing.

With a community this big you would think someone would know the solution?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4085494#4085494

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4085494