[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Feature request regarding nested conversations

matt.drees do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 18 13:31:15 EDT 2007

"jacob.orshalick" wrote :
  | If a single long-running conversation was used, you end up submitting addresses that were not intended by the user (at least not what they saw on the browser-cached edit screen) since the Person was updated in the conversation context.  If the conversation is nested for the Address details screen, the addition of addresses does not affect the outer conversation.  In other words, we have a snapshot of state prior to adding the Addresses.

Hi Jacob,

I wonder if you could explain this a little more; I don't completely follow.  It seems to me that if you have a (managed) Person entity in the parent conversation, and (in a nested conversation) you add an address to it (something like person.addAddress(newAddress) ), the newAddress will not be directly in the parent conversation, but it will be directly referenced by Person, which is in the parent conversation.  And thus entityManager.flush() would cause newAddress to be persisted, even if the user backbuttons out of the nested conversation.

So, I'm guessing you're not doing a person.addAddress(newAddress) kind of thing.  What are you doing?

Thanks for the posts, guys!  I think nested conversations need to be discussed more.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4085645#4085645

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4085645