[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Feature request regarding nested conversations

jacob.orshalick do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 18 21:33:24 EDT 2007

anonymous wrote : if I think of breadcrumbs and the conversation stack (-> 6.7.5. Breadcrumbs), the use of nested conversations goes into a direction much similar to the composition of "subflows"

This is a good point, and I have discussed this at length with my colleagues.  But, if you think of nested conversations as continuations (http://www.brainbell.com/tutorials/java/Continuation_Servers.htm),  the implementation of the Seam conversation model suddenly makes perfect sense.  I actually posted the breadcrumb issue you raise as a topic:

http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=118894

Actually, simply filtering the ConversationStack by view-id yields the expected results from breadcrumbs with the continuation view of nested conversations.  I can post the filtering code if you or anyone is interested.  It is simply a component that wraps the ConversationStack.

I will soon be posting an extended seam-booking example with an accompanying article that will illustrate the continuation approach in-depth.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4085811#4085811

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4085811