[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Stack overflow on recursive patten.

jemodurn do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 18 22:37:22 EDT 2007

I am trying to understand 9.10 section of the user guide.

    * Token.signal(Transition)
    * --> Node.leave(ExecutionContext,Transition)
    * --> Transition.take(ExecutionContext)
    * --> Node.enter(ExecutionContext)
    * --> Node.execute(ExecutionContext)

If my process contains a loop like this:
 <process-definition name="emailLoop" >
  |     <start-state name="start">
  |         <transition to="CheckEmail" />
  |     </start-state>
  |
  |     <node name="CheckEmail">
  |         <action class="CheckEmailAction" />
  |         <transition to="SendEmail" />
  |     </node>
  |
  |     <node name="SendEmail">
  |         <action class="SendEmailAction" />
  |         <transition to="CheckEmail" />
  |         <transition to="finish" />
  |     </node>
  |
  |     <end-state name="finish"/>
  | </process-definition>

By the time I loop a gazillion times, will the repeated call to ExecutionContext.leaveNode() cause stack overflow?? I can see a deep recursive execution tree.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4085820#4085820

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4085820