[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Feature request regarding nested conversations

baz do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 19 01:41:58 EDT 2007

Very interesting thread.
i like to give a new usecase (or workflow)
We have a search screen, where the user can search for an object(e.g. an experiment)
When navigation to the show/edit screen ocurs a conversation is started and the object(the experiment) is shown.

Now the user can work with the object(the experiment)

What comes in now is a subworkflow. This workflow uses a nested conversation and could be started on any page. When this subworkflow ends, the nested conversation ends and redirection to the starting page occurs.

Now imagine that our object(experiment) consists of many parts (analysis,mtplate,samples and so on). Could it be good  design to create some of this parts in a subworkflow? And if so, how can i get hold of the assembled object in my outer conversation?

This gets more complex when you are aiming to an object hierarchy
An experiment has  mtplates and analyses. Now when editing an analysis, this analysis has to be associated with an mtplate. But if none exist, it must be created. After creation of the mtplate there is no connection between analysis and the created mtplate because the mtplate belongs to the experiment.
I hope you see my point.
My question is how this kind of workflows can be correctly implemented with seam and conversations? For now, it seems to me that it is nessacary to deliver results from the nested conversation to the outer conversation.

Ciao,
Carsten

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4085852#4085852

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4085852