[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: portal.sar deployed but browser/tomcat returns nullpoint

konstandinos do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 19 05:06:02 EDT 2007

heya thomas

for what it's worth:

i've configured the datasource descriptor and uploaded it, along with the jdbc driver for postgresql (having already create a user and jbossportal database).

after restarting the jboss server, everything seems to work now. ie: the portal loads up as expected, i can log in, and navigate around the default portlets with no fuss.

however i've been tailing jboss's logfile and while viewing the portal's homepage i kept seeing this (repeated over and over every 5 seconds or so):

  | 10:55:30,367 WARN  [CacheLoaderInterceptor] The CacheLoader interface has changed since JBossCache 1.3.x
  | 10:55:30,367 WARN  [CacheLoaderInterceptor] Please see http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBCACHE-118
  | 10:55:30,367 WARN  [CacheLoaderInterceptor] CacheLoader.get() should return an empty Map if the node does exist but doesn't have any attributes.
  | 10:55:30,368 WARN  [CacheLoaderInterceptor] CacheLoader.get(Fqn) returned a null; assuming the node nodes not exist.

also, when i tried to log in (by clicking on the Login link on Portal's front page), i noticed this in the log file output:

  | 10:56:40,279 ERROR [IOTools] Error while closing outstream
  | ClientAbortException:  java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe

... and this a bit below:

  | 10:56:40,280 ERROR [Controller] Cound not send http response
  | ClientAbortException:  java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe

but yeah, i still manage to log in and browse around, edit my user profile, etc.

and all of this with the JEMS install.

i hope this information may be of use to you and your team. thanks for the tip earlier.

cheers,

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4085920#4085920

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4085920