[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - form controls with the same property name

schmod54 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 19 07:10:07 EDT 2007

How do I add error messages to a particular control if multiple controls share the same property name on the same page?  E.g., say I have a user registration form, where usernames are unique.  If a user enters a duplicate username, in my action bean I can add an error like so:

facesMessages.addToControlFromResourceBundle("username", "usernameExists");

But say I have a batch user registration process that allows someone to register 10 users at a time.  If I use the same code, then the error message gets displayed at the top of the page and the user doesn't know which username is invalid.  I could change the error message to contain the invalid name, but I would rather display it next to the relevant control.  So how do I do that?  Thanks!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4085981#4085981

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4085981