[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - More code needed

wise_guybg do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 19 09:32:29 EDT 2007

Is there something special about EntryDuplicatedException?

Also, what is your experience with addDuplicatedMessage()? Does this methog try to access the database in any way?

Example of a problem:

Let's say UserAction has a method
@End
  | public String save()

The UserService tries to merge the user entity bean but an exception occurs (i.e. UniqueConstraint on the First+Last Name). This means that the changes to the object are invalid. In my experience if you try to use the entity manager in the catch clause you will receive a "Transaction not active" error. Then how could I reload the object and return to its persisted state?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4086109#4086109

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4086109