[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: Oracle MapViewer in JBOSS

jboss_rikesh do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 19 09:39:33 EDT 2007

Hi JS, I installed Mapviewer (MV) Ver10131_B061023 in JBoss 4.0.5.
Before you do anything make sure the version of JBoss is compatible with mapviewer for various components. JSF, EJB, etc.

You will need to add Oracle XML parser xmlparsev2.jar into the WEB-INF/lib directory and then build the WAR file and then finally the EAR file. If you can find a better way of specifying the oracle parser to be applied to the application do post that.
I tried with -Djavax.xml.parsers* command line option but that didn't work.
If JBoss uses xerces to parse you'll see the following error

java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.xerces.dom.DeferredDocumentImpl

Other than this, make sure the datasource and the login module is correctly configured for MV. In order to setup MV server you will need a user under the following role: map_admin_role
I used a properties file and specified the details in login-config.xml in
/JBoss_Home/server/default/deploy/conf
the security-domain name is

There are postings for most other problems that you may encounter after you've done this.

rikesh.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4086118#4086118

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4086118