[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - How I deployed jee5/booking example to OC4J

fatih.ozceylan@gmail.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 19 10:20:54 EDT 2007

Today I tried to deploy jee/booking example that comes with seam. I followed chapter 26 of the seam_reference.

I used the nightly build of Seam 09/18/2007, (jboss-seam-CVS.2007-09-18_08-34-50)

While trying to deploy the app on OC4J, I got "EjbSynchronizations must implement serializable" exception. I had to update seam source code and rebuild seam.

There are some missing dependencies that may be mentioned in the Chapter 26.1.1 of seam_reference.pdf The complete list of libraries I had to add were as follows:

antlr-2.7.6.jar
antlr-runtime-3.0.jar
commons-beanutils-1.7.0.jar
commons-digester-1.6.jar
core-3.2.3.v_686_R32x.jar
drools-compiler-4.0.0.jar
drools-core-4.0.0.jar
ejb3-persistence.jar
hibernate-annotations.jar
hibernate-entitymanager.jar
hibernate-search.jar
hibernate3.jar
hsqldb.jar
janino-2.5.7.jar
jboss-archive-browsing.jar
jboss-common.jar
jboss-el.jar
jboss-jaxws.jar
jboss-seam-debug.jar
jboss-seam-jee5.jar
jboss-seam-ui.jar
jboss-seam.jar
jbpm-jpdl.jar
jsf-api.jar
jsf-facelets.jar
jsf-ri.jar
mvel14-1.2rc1.jar
readme.txt
richfaces-api-3.1.1-SNAPSHOT.jar
richfaces-impl-3.1.1-SNAPSHOT.jar
richfaces-ui-3.1.1-SNAPSHOT.jar
sun-commons-beanutils.jar
sun-commons-collections.jar
sun-commons-digester.jar
sun-commons-logging.jar
thirdparty-all.jar

It is strange to note that oc4j complained for some of the jars which it knows the location but somehow could not use for classloading. I had to copy those jars into j2ee/home/applib folder.

Then everything worked fine.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4086142#4086142

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4086142