[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Re: discarded message from different group

awclemen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 19 10:44:13 EDT 2007

I assume that you have three different clusters (Partition_151, Partition_153 & Partition_135) with multiple machines in each and they are on the same network.  Because they are sending out mutlicast messaging - each cluster's message with be intercepted by the other clusters.  When the other clusters see these messages, they just issue a warning IN CASE you have only one cluster on the network and you accidently misnamed a partition.  But if that is not the case, you can safely ignore the messages. At least that's the way I understand it, hopefully someone will speak up if I am incorrect.

You best bet is to reference the wiki article about JGroup isolation:
http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=TwoClustersSameNetwork

hopefully that helps...

Andy

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4086160#4086160