[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Error in documentation, or my understanding?

wschwendt do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 19 11:13:29 EDT 2007

"matt.drees" wrote :
  | I haven't tested this, but this strikes me as wrong.  Conversations by default don't end until after a redirect, right?

you're right.   I haven't tested this either, but I, too, would say this section in the Ref Docs is wrong.

I think that unless the beforeRedirect attribute of the "end-conversation" element is set to true, there's  no need use the solution where the document id is explicitly passed as request parameter,  no matter  whether we navigate to "/viewDocument.xhtml" with a "redirect" or with a "render" element.

But the solution with the documentId request parameter can make sense if we want to avoid that view "/viewDocument.xhtml" can access any conversation-scoped context variables of the conversation  we just ended after the update.  But in order to do the latter we would in fact have to write "end-conversation" with redirect=true.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4086182#4086182

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4086182