[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Rich Text Editor

mustaghattack do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 20 06:04:48 EDT 2007

Hi,

I've something working fine with TinyMCE.
There's post about how to use it with ajax : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=109794

This is how I use it (with ajax re-rendering):
- copy the tinymce scripts into your project
- add this script (init-tiny.js) :

  | tinyMCE.init({
  | 	mode:"none",
  | 	theme : "advanced",
  | 	theme_advanced_toolbar_location : "top",
  | 	theme_advanced_statusbar_location : "bottom",
  | 	theme_advanced_toolbar_align : "left",
  | 	// everything on the first line
  | 	theme_advanced_buttons1 : "bold,italic,underline,justifyleft,justifycenter,justifyright ,fontselect,fontsizeselect,forecolor,backcolor",
  | 	theme_advanced_buttons2 : "",
  | 	theme_advanced_buttons3 : "",
  | 	theme_advanced_resize_horizontal : false,
  | 	theme_advanced_resizing : true,
  |     convert_newlines_to_brs : true
  | });
  |
  | function updateValue(control)
  | {
  | 	var textareas = document.getElementsByTagName('textarea');
  | 	for( i = 0; i < textareas.length; i ++ ) {
  | 		if( textareas[ i ].id == control ) {
  | 			textareas[ i ].value = tinyMCE.getContent(control);
  | 		}
  | 	}
  | }
  |
  | function addMCE(control) {
  | 	cleanMCE();
  | 	tinyMCE.execCommand('mceAddControl', false, control);
  | 	tinyMCE.switchClassCache = [];
  | }
  |
  | function cleanMCE() {
  | 	tinyMCE.idCounter = 0;
  | 	tinyMCE.instances = new Array();
  | }

- to add the editor, add this attribute to your ajax tag :

  | oncomplete="addMCE( 'yourFormComponentId:yourTxtAreaComponentId' );"

- to remove the editor, add this attribute to your ajax tag :

  | oncomplete="cleanMCE();"

- add this attribute to your form tag (otherwise the textarea value is not updated) :

  | onsubmit="updateValue('#formId:inputAreaId');"

PS: You should post this on the richfaces forum.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4086521#4086521

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4086521