[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: SessionBeans depend on JSF component libraries?

vanyatka do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 20 06:52:02 EDT 2007

"pete.muir at jboss.org" wrote : No, SessionBeans don't depend on JSF libraries.  Yes, you can bind to jsf components if you wish - but you probably shouldn't to avoid separation of concerns. You should follow seam-gen packaging.

Are they not? I'm particularly interested in using the Tree component, and according to examples I've found this is how I handle OnSelect event:

 public void onSelect (NodeSelectedEvent event) { ... }

Are you suggesting that I should put this method into Seam POJO handlers instead of SessionBeans? One way or the other, it doesn't change the fact that the ejb.jar inside the .ear depends on RichFaces libs. To overcome this I put all richfaces libs at the top of .ear file and referenced them in META-INF/application.xml

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4086552#4086552

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4086552