[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: <a:support> with <s:selectItems> problem

wise_guybg do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 20 10:58:53 EDT 2007

It's ajaxSingle="true" that helps you run your code without following recommendations.

In my view a:outputPanel optimizes the AJAX requiest since:
anonymous wrote : The component is used for components grouping in the AJAX output area, which offers several additional output opportunities such as inserting of non-present in tree components, saving of transient elements after AJAX request and some others.

Reference:
http://labs.jboss.com/file-access/default/members/jbossajax4jsf/freezone/docs/devguide/en/html_single/index.html#outputPanel

What you do with ajaxSingle is that you submit only the changes to the combo box. I'm actually amazed that A4J manages to update the page correctly. I guess though that it updates the whole page while with a:outputPanel you can update only the second combo box.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4086748#4086748

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4086748