[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Feature request regarding nested conversations

wschwendt do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 20 14:47:10 EDT 2007

Thanks, Jacob.  Great solution.

I'd like to see that included in Seam.  And btw, we need the endRoot attribute for the end-conversation element, too.

Otherwise we cannot really end the entire conversation stack when a nested conversation throws an exception.

  | // pages.xml
  |
  | <exception class="javax.persistence.OptimisticLockException">
  |         <end-conversation endRoot="true"/>  // end all conversations up to top-level long-running root conversation (inclusive)
  |         <redirect view-id="/error.xhtml">
  |             <message>Another user changed the same data, please try again</message>
  |         </redirect>
  |     </exception>

cf.
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=112414&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=10