[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Hot deploy SFSB and SLSB

pete.muir@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 20 19:28:27 EDT 2007

I've emailed Gavin to check exactly what needs to be done to make this work.

The advantages of EJB3s are scalability, can be accessed in all the ways EJBs can etc. The disadvantages are - they can't be used with the framework, can't be hot deployed, and need local interfaces.  All of these things will be fixed at some point, but for now, unless you need specific features of EJB3 (e.g. remote access, clustering) I would suggest to use POJOs.

So, as you say, we still think that EJB3s are great, it's just we have a few limitations with them, and as they are driven by a spec, it takes more times to get the limitations lifted...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4086969#4086969

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4086969