[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: AS 4.2.1 - http://example.com:8080/ gives

konstandinos do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 21 03:39:51 EDT 2007

firstly thanks for the speedy reply. i changed my startup script and it now works. it _is_ a development environment so no too concerned with security yet. having said that could you please clarify the following (quoted from the FAQ page you gave me):

anonymous wrote : before 4.2.0.GA jboss always bound to the any address "0.0.0.0". You wouldn't believe how many people would put unprotected instances of JBoss on the internet, or even on their own local LAN. Now you have to explicitly choose to do that, so it takes some thinking about before you revert to the old default behaviour with the "-b' option of jboss.

am i to understand the following sequence of events is best practise?

1 - secure jboss (secure jmx-console, web-app console, remove invokers etc)
2 - add "-b 0.0.0.0" to your startup script so that jboss actually works

i guess im kinda confused because it says that using the -b option is the old way of doing it, and that i must still use -b, except i have to explicitly set it.

thanks again for the fast help

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4087073#4087073

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4087073