[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - configure multiple portlets to access same database (tables)

sparshaadi do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 21 08:08:42 EDT 2007

Hi,

Config:
--------------------
JBoss AS 4.0.5 GA
JBoss Portal 2.6.1
Seam 1.2.1
----------------------

>From what I have read,

I understand that  Completely independent portlets(in terms of database) can be deployed together as an ear and can communicate with each other using APPLICATION Scope.

I am trying to develop a portal consisting of various portlets.
All the portlets will access the same database.
The portlets will be on the same page or different(will depend on user choice, Dashboard already takes care of that ).

I want to integrate all the standalone portlets as one ear.

Now for my problem :
The individual portlets are working just fine.
But the moment I add the other portlets, due to duplication of entity classes the portal goes haywire.

I would like to know how to go about this (packaging and structure of entity classes), so that all the portlets use the same entity classes and also can be deployed as standalone portlets.

Regards,

KJ

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4087195#4087195

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4087195