[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Get Request problems with Seam 2 CR1

smithbstl do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 21 16:46:46 EDT 2007

Ok, let me bump this with a rephrased question.

What is the proper way to output a GET link when a page is called via a pageflow?

<pageflow-definition name="serviceRequestCreation>

  | <page name="serviceRequestListing" view-id="/addressrequestlisting.xhtml"
  |         back="enabled">
  |         <transition name="viewServiceRequest" to="serviceRequest">
  |         	<action expression="#{addressLocator.selectServiceRequest}"/>
  |         </transition>
  |     </page>
  |
  |     <page name="serviceRequest" view-id="/servicerequest.xhtml"
  |         back="enabled">
  |  		<redirect/>
  |     </page>
  | </pageflow-definition>

    <page view-id="/servicerequest.xhtml">
  |     	<param name="serviceRequestId" value="#{serviceRequestManager.serviceRequestId}"
  |     		converterId="javax.faces.Long"/>
  |     	<begin-conversation join="true" pageflow="serviceRequestCreation"/>
  |     	<action execute="#{serviceRequestManager.loadServiceRequest(serviceRequestManager.serviceRequestId)}"/>
  |     </page>

What am I missing?

Using an s:link to call "viewServiceRequest" does allow the request parameter to propagate across the redirect.  If I don't use a redirect then the link points to the calling page which is not what I want either.

When pasting the link into the browser from outside of the pageflow, it works as expected.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4087427#4087427

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4087427