[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - JBoss having somedeployment problem

vviswanadh do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Sep 23 23:52:00 EDT 2007

Hi friends,
Just want to clarify my self that , when we want to deploy any ear which is having a jar file as well as war file (jsps which are inside the war, jsps are calling the EJB components using the initial context etc) . Do we need to add the jar file in war\WEB-INF\lib folder.If we are not going to add that then I am getting some error which I pasted below.

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: An exception occurred processing JSP page /firstEJB.jsp at line 14

11: props.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "localhost:1099");
12:
13: Context ctx = new InitialContext(props);
14: FirstHome home = (FirstHome)ctx.lookup("ejb/First");
15: First bean = home.create();
16: String time = bean.getTime();
17: bean.remove();

Stacktrace:
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.handleJspException(JspServletWrapper.java:518)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:411)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:320)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:266)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)
org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)

If I add the jar file inside the war file then it is working fine.

please provide some light on this.

Thanks!
viswa

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4087715#4087715