[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - s:link id assignment not working as expected Seam 2 CR1

nathandennis do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 24 02:09:25 EDT 2007

it would seem that s:link id assignment  is still not working as expected Seam 2 CR1.
i first discovered the problem in 2 beta version download from csv around 081707. i found one tread that was discussing a simular issue with commandLink and JIRA issue said it was fixed for 2 CR1... so i upgraded.... but still having the same problem.

the problem is that the id for the s:link within a column of a dynamic table that contains multiple rows  is a duplicate. if i try to pass the id a unique value using EL it returns a null... end result is my page works,, but doesnt validate... a real pain for us perfectionist.....
here an example of some code...

  |   <rich:dataTable var="blogEntry"
  |               value="#{bloggerList.resultList}"
  |            rendered="#{not empty bloggerList.resultList}"
  |            style="	border-right-width: 0px;
  | 					border-bottom-width: 0px;
  | 					border-left-width: 0px;
  | 					border-top-width: 0px;">
  |          <rich:column valign="top" id="a#{blogEntry.id}">
  |                <h3>#{blogEntry.title}</h3>
  |                    #{blogEntry.blog}
  |                    <s:link view="/#{empty from ? 'Blog' : from}.xhtml"
  |                    		value="More">
  |                 		<f:param name="bloggerId"
  |                         	value="#{blogEntry.id}"/>
  |             	   </s:link>
  |                   [Posted on
  |
  | 				#{blogEntry.listdate}]
  | 				<hr align="left" width="500"/>
  |          </rich:column>
  |     </rich:dataTable>

if im missing something i apologize,,,, but im pretty sure this worked in seam 1.2.1

any enlightenment would be greatly appreciated.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4087728#4087728

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4087728