[jboss-user] [Messaging, JMS & JBossMQ] - JMS Message Size Limitations

babernat do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 24 09:20:15 EDT 2007

All,

I am running JBoss 4.0.3SP1 which has several Topics that are used by applications to asynchronously send data to one another. One application in particular is trying to send a sizable TextMessage over the topic. The size is about 30MB.

I am seeing some exceptions on occasion that seem to be related to the message size. I've already switched out the persistence manager and the only way I can seem to get the exceptions to go away is to forcefully reduce the message size by breaking them up into many smaller ones which doesn't really follow our design.

The question I have is, is there a natural limit to how big the messages can be? Is there a configurable limit?

Thanks.

Ben

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4087898#4087898

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4087898