[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Clustered MDB configuration / JNDI problem

ejb3workshop do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 24 10:28:31 EDT 2007

I am trying to deply an EJB3 MDB into a cluster of 2 nodes. Running the bean on a single VM works well without any problems, however I am not able to bring the second VM online. During the startup the following error is reported :

anonymous wrote :
  | 15:21:26,484 ERROR [FarmMemberService] Incomplete Deployment listing:

on the second node. It is always the second node started. The first one alwasy succeeds. I found that the JNDI context on the second node is much smaller then the context on the first one. The Destination Manager as well as most standard Queues aren't listed on the JMX-console.

I tried to configure the queue deploying this services file into the all/farm folder:

  | <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  | <server>
  |   <mbean code="org.jboss.mq.server.jmx.Queue"
  | 	 name="jboss.mq.destination:service=Queue,name=BatchJobProcessorMDB">
  |          <attribute name="JNDIName">queue/BatchJobProcessors</attribute>
  |     <depends optional-attribute-name="DestinationManager">jboss.mq:service=DestinationManager</depends>
  |   </mbean>
  |   <mbean code="org.jboss.mq.server.jmx.Queue"
  | 	 name="jboss.mq.destination:service=Queue,name=TransactionProcessorsMDB">
  |          <attribute name="JNDIName">queue/TransactionProcessors</attribute>
  |     <depends optional-attribute-name="DestinationManager">jboss.mq:service=DestinationManager</depends>
  |   </mbean>
  |   <mbean code="org.jboss.mq.server.jmx.Queue"
  | 	 name="jboss.mq.destination:service=Queue,name=OutputProcessorsMDB">
  |          <attribute name="JNDIName">queue/OutputProcessors</attribute>
  |     <depends optional-attribute-name="DestinationManager">jboss.mq:service=DestinationManager</depends>
  |   </mbean>
  | </server>

If you have any suggestion on how I can get MDB working in a JBoss cluster and how I can fix the JNDI issue please let me know

Thanks in advance
Alex

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4087950#4087950

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4087950